Saturday, May 17, 2014

My commute


 I'm back at Bullfrog Marina today. Getting back from Halls Crossing took two hours, although the actual boat ride is only ten minutes long, lol. I started at 8:20 AM, waiting outside the general store for a ride to the marina. Steve took me down at 9a, then Christie called executive dock and Captain Hunter came over to get me. He had another pickup, but had the wrong dock # so we ended up back at the dock we started at after ten minutes, then another ten to get the guy. then we went across the lake to buoy town where the houseboats are parked and picked up the first guys buddy (with alot of gear). We start over to executive dock and second guy realizes he left his phone on the houseboat. We go back, he spends five minutes trying to get in his houseboat, (he hadn't been there in 5 years, it's in sad shape), puts some gear away he'd forgotten then we're off again. We get to executive dock, Carmen calls a shuttle for me, I stand around shootin' the shit with Charlie, my pal Ed shows up, and another five minutes and I'm back to my dorm, 2 hours and 10 minutes after I started my trip, lol. No hurry, no worries, here, everyone is on vacation. I'm scheduled in to work at 4pm, so I can get some rest from my time off in HC.

No comments:

Post a Comment