Saturday, May 10, 2014

Injury free!!!..and then a round of golf.

 I'm sitting up on the hill at the lodge this morning, enjoying being alive...yesterday I went on a hike/rock climb that turned into a terrifying ordeal. I thought that the only outcome was me being injured and airlifted out. I got onto a rock face that was so steep and slick and high up that I was afraid to go any further up and getting down seemed impossible...I would be sliding then falling out of control. Jake the young guy who suggested it didn't realize how scary and risky it could be for someone my age. I may look lean and fit but I don't feel immortal any more. Really..I was clinging on the side of the painted hills ready to cry because the next move would be the one where I would lose my grip..I didn't want to go any higher, I couldn't go back the way I came, I felt so scared... I'll never do it again. and even after that point it just seemed like an endless climb. Finally after some even riskier spots we got to the top..then, because I wouldn't go back onto the red rock, we walked out into the desert sand to the airport then the road where we caught a ride with Bill, driving a shuttle. I even broke my routine this morning, no workout just a leisurely walk for coffee..I'm so fuckin' happy not to be hurt!!!!
 so steep, so slick...





 and I had to use the ladies tee, I was afraid to get any closer to the edge.



 could have been tumbling, tumbling...
flat ground!

1 comment: