Saturday, April 26, 2014

Yea!, got my blood pressure up!

Today I worked at the Anazasi Restaurant from 12-8pm again. I prepped some twice baked potatoes for the dinner menu, made mashed potatoes, and cleaned up the line for dinner. For dinner I manned the new pizza oven, and deserts and salads. I was verbally berated by the lead chef at one point, she went off on me about tellin' me she was telling me how to do my job. I stood there and took it with a big grin on my face, she repeated herself three times. My response that it was unfortunate that she thought I was getting in her face, I was just asking where I could get the small notebook she said I needed, would it be issued to me? seemed to confuse her and diffused the situation. Lotsa of witnesses, the whole kitchen went silent, the other kitchen lead shows up and hands over two dinner check pads and pens for myself and the other new guy. Emotions were high, blood was pumpin'! Things were back to normal quickly, her telling me to cook myself something to eat and go enjoy it on the restaurant porch, calling me "darling" and "baby boy". She uses many dimunitive  nicknames, a form of bullying. I have asked her a couple of times to call me Scott, and have thanked her when she does.  Tomorrow I go to work in the "EDR", (employee dining room) for a split shift 10-2, 4-8.

1 comment: