Monday, April 28, 2014

Still a new guy here.

Tomorrow, I've got the day off and am headed to Grand Junction to stock up on clif bars and dried fruit. I've worked 5 days in a row, in two different outlets, three different shifts, three different jobs. the guy who writes my schedule thought I was hired as a lead cook. seems his girlfriend has the job I was hired for, he said he didn't know what my offer letter said. hmmm. But, its good, because I'm going to be the relief for his girlfriend on her days off, and I was asked by him to do the Halls Crossing relief EDR cook job too. So,  I commute by boat, spend two nights and come back. I may be allowed to drive my own 19' speedboat over there, because I have taken the boater safety class...cool!!! but that might not start for a couple of weeks...still confusing here...but I was told my days off will be thursday & friday. What hasn't been mentioned is if my pay stays the same, and if I get good housing on my two days across the lake. I've spent my mornings riding around with Ed the shuttle driver boss, he takes me for coffee then we spend 1/2hr to 45 mins cruising around the park. He is 71, has worked here 19 years, gives a real good tour. And we're not done yet, got a regular thing goin' on, he seems to be planning different areas for each morning..its very cool.                                                                                The water in the lake has been rising about 4" every day since I got here, estimates for this year are it will rise 40'. Its very low currently, and has been for 10+ years.

1 comment:

  1. Matt, shown with me above, has left early. Too many people don't make it through the season here.....a management review would seem in order.

    ReplyDelete