Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I'm a Sous Chef!

Dressed for work, shown in my housing.

 Its Tuesday the 22 of April. I've recovered from the bus ride, (it wasn't so bad, had a seat to myself most of the ride and I had my iPod for distraction). But now, I've had orientation, met with John the GM, and ran this morning and did a w/out this afternoon..but now I'm on my own..drinking is very popular here, as is smoking but I'm fine without both. I had been confused about my job, it seemed like people were already doing what I thought would be my job, and today at orientation they were going to issue me cooks clothes….after speaking with the GM, who told me he did not remember telling me khaki's with polo shirt, he even stated that perhaps that was one of the other jobs I had been interviewing for! Yea, I know I took notes, and he had told me he was looking for a manager not a Sous Chef. But, I did bring knives and my crocs so I'm the EDR Manager/Sous Chef! Awesome, I've never done that before, am looking forward to being a manager in the back of the house. It sounds now that I will be working two maybe three kitchens…one of which is Halls Crossing, an hour boat ride away. I'll go there two days a week. So I get variety and boat rides. I will be "producing" his word, which I got to understand was cooking, I enthused to be able to put  that on my resume. And I feel as though I can relax and and let myself be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment